Acuity based staffing that empowers wards to better match staffing supply to patient demand
SafeCare allows you to compare staffing levels and skill mix to the actual patient demand. It provides visibility across wards and areas transforming rostering into an acuity based daily staffing process that unlocks productivity and safeguards patient safety. SafeCare has been awarded an endorsement statement by The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) in relation to its guidelines for Safe Staffing (SG1). You can read about the endorsement here.
SafeCare can be accessed via tablets and PCs. Today wards are using SafeCare to quickly collect acuity and dependency data that is immediately applied to the appropriate staffing model. Senior nurses and operations teams are then using real-time information from SafeCare to get an organisation-wide view of staffing levels and staffing needs. This enables them to take proactive and informed decisions before turning to agency cover.
With SafeCare, you can:
- Calculate required staffing from patient numbers, acuity and dependency – typically 3 times a day
- Get a site-wide overview of required versus actual staffing, highlighting hotspots as well as areas that could help
- View the staffing status across many dimensions including hours short/ excess, missing skills, missing patient census, CHPPD and cost of shift
- Track attendance and sickness of rostered staff
- Redeploy staff safely with full visibility of skills and impact elsewhere, helping to avoid unnecessary agency use
- Request bank or agency cover if needed
- Track red flags to identify potential staffing issues
What our customers have said…
We have moved to real-time daily staffing using patient acuity, it is reviewed three times a day in staffing meetings. This combined with a rigorous focus on eRostering, the use of benchmarking data and targeted improvement, is helping us use our staff resource more effectively.
Beverley Allingham, Deputy Director of Nursing, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
I would like an appointment to find out more about SafeCare and CHPPD
Simply complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch
SafeCare-Live, real-time staff deployment based on patient demand for safer and more efficient staffing levels.
SafeCare-Live dynamically brings information on the actual staff levels together with the numbers and needs of patients. It provides a real-time shift-by-shift view of required versus actual staffing across an organisation making it easier to be responsive to changes in demand or staff availability.Download Now