Following the launch of the new Medics Accelerator Programme, which aims to support an organisation’s e-Rostering and medical workforce teams in improving the daily use of eRota, eJobPlan, MedicOnDuty and Activity Manager, we spoke to the programme creator Chris Bond, Customer Success Analyst, to understand the reasons behind the launch and expectations following the series completion.
Supporting organisations in medical workforce challenges has been a priority of mine for 15 years, both during and prior to joining Allocate Software in 2013. My medical experience derives from having worked at NHS Employers, London Deanery, plus several NHS Trusts in their medical personnel, general human resources (HR), electronic staff record (ESR), and rostering teams.
At present, I’m working with HealthMedics customers to ensure that they’re continually moving towards achieving successful outcomes in their organisations. This process is accomplished by discussing priorities and scheduling bite-size actions to meet their objectives. Each Pathway step and stone is designed to bring together all of the combined experience from working with other customers in addition to key metrics and data which is proactively monitored to outline success factors.
Change management success
In March 2017 I supported colleagues at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust to operationalise ActivityManager in their anaesthetics department, moving from a disjointed manual process of multiple on-call and theatre rota schedules to one source of truth. The delighted Service Manager and Rota Administrators made the team effort of this change management project all worthwhile.
Lucy Gladman MBA, Deputy Anaesthetics Divisional Manager at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust said: “The Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust were one of the first trusts to implement ActivityManager in HealthRoster to allocate their anaesthetists.
“To achieve this, the trust had to amalgamate 17 separate rosters into the Allocate system. This was accomplished with the full support of Allocate, initially on-site and then ongoing over the telephone. They were prompt to respond to queries we had and were as equally responsive to any changes that we needed to make the system work for us. This was a huge success at the trust and we were able to showcase the work we did with Allocate at their annual conference.”
Establishing efficient medical workforce practices
The implementation of software is only part of the solution to the challenges experienced by customers. In order to achieve success, the organisation requires effective operational process and practice.
In the use of products for managing the medical workforce, cadence of practice is less firmly established than for other staff groups. That’s where the Medics Accelerator Programme comes in – to cater exclusively for the medics product user community.
The aim of each mini-programme is to identify all of the considerations which sit around the use of each product, and guide customers to the right approach for their organisation.
Join a pathway to success
Joining one of the short Medics Accelerator Programmes, enables the organisation to hear from a product expert on their shared insight about what to think about and do in order to ensure the product is used to best effect.
The seven mini-programmes are aligned to natural calendar activities throughout the annual timetable. This should mean that they allow an organisation to:
- Improve exception reporting quality
- Increase the number of rostered junior doctors
- Improve job plan quality and compliance
- Better manage live activity based rosters using Planner
- Improve annual leave management for medics.
Register your place
Email invitations are sent two weeks prior to the start date of the next programme. Within the email, you’ll also find a full list of future programmes and dates to save within your calendar.
If you haven’t received an invitation, you can find a full list of events here:
- Exception Reporting – for eRota customers in England – Starting from 15thOctober – Registrations now open https://www.allocatesoftware.co.uk/lp/exception-reporting-webinar-series/
- eJobPlan Accelerator (part 1 of 2)– Cycle Preparation– Starting 20th October – Registrations now open https://www.allocatesoftware.co.uk/lp/ejobplan-cycle-preparation-webinar-programme/
- Junior Doctor Rostering Programme (part 1 of 2)– Starting 22nd October – Registrations now open https://www.allocatesoftware.co.uk/lp/junior-doctors-rostering-accelerator-webinar-programme-part-one/
- Junior Doctor Rostering Programme (part 2 of 2)– Starting 26th November – Registrations open soon
- eJobPlan Accelerator (part 2 of 2) –Starting 1st December – Registrations open soon
- Medics Leave Management Accelerator– Starting 14th January 2021 – Registrations open soon
Alternatively, you can contact us at [email protected] where we will be happy to support.
We look forward to welcoming you on one or more of the programmes.