Acuity based staffing that empowers wards to better match staffing supply to patient demand
SafeCare allows you to compare staffing levels and skill mix to the actual patient demand. It provides visibility across wards and areas transforming rostering into an acuity based daily staffing process that unlocks productivity and safeguards safety. SafeCare has been awarded an endorsement statement by The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) in relation to its guidelines for Safe Staffing (SG1). You can read about the endorsement here.
SafeCare can be accessed via tablets and via PCs. Today wards are using SafeCare to quickly collect acuity and dependency data that is immediately applied to the appropriate staffing model. Senior nurses and operations teams are then using the information in a live state from SafeCare to get an organisational wide view of staffing levels and staffing needs enabling them to take proactive and informed decisions before turning to agency.
- Calculate required staffing from patient numbers, acuity & dependency – typically 3 times a day
- Site wide overview of required versus actual staffing, highlighting hotspots as well as areas that could help
- View staffing status across many dimensions including hours short/ excess, missing skills, missing patient census, CHPPD and cost of shift
- Track attendance & sickness of rostered staff
- Redeploy staff safely with full visibility of skills and impact elsewhere, helping to avoid unnecessary agency use
- Request bank or agency cover if needed
- Track red flags to identify potential staffing issues
What our customers have said…
We have moved to real time daily staffing using patient acuity, it is reviewed three times a day in staffing meetings. This combined with a rigorous focus on eRostering, the use of benchmarking data and targeted improvement is helping us use our staff resource more effectively.
Beverley Allingham, Deputy Director of Nursing Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
I would like an appointment to find out more about SafeCare and CHPPD
Simply complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch