Allocates appropriately skilled staff to duties
BankStaff is a staffing software that seamlessly integrates with HealthRoster. It is used by bank offices to automate the process of filling duties with the appropriately skilled staff. It ensures that there are no rule breakages, enabling your bank office to concentrate on staffing the harder-to-fill and more expensive shifts, reducing reliance on agency cover.
Guided by the principle of using agency staff only as a last resort, HealthRoster BankStaff also manages the agency relationship and ensures that you secure the best value for money. The application features simple yet sophisticated one-screen, one-click functionality that links seamlessly with ESR to ensure that Trusts adhere to NHS protocols for the management of requests.
BankStaff allows you to:
- Streamline the bank booking process to improve fill rate and reduce agency spend
- Better engage with bank workers through SMS broadcast of available duties, online direct booking of matching requests, and online availability recording
- Manage, check and verify agencies to monitor and improve costs
- Manage agency invoices to align payment to framework agreements
- Fully integrate with payroll to ensure bank staff are paid quickly and painlessly
- Fully integrate with HealthRoster, with bank requests driven from roster gaps and visibility of temp staff on all roster views
- Have detailed management information to help run an efficient and effective bank.
What our customers say…
“We have achieved savings of over £500K on our nursing agency and overtime spend – the integrated bank solution has enabled us to more effectively redeploy our staff across the Trust, and as a result reduce our agency usage to 0%”Esther BlakeyTrust Nursing Resource Manager, North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Trust
“BankStaff has reduced the requirement for manual input and allowed for reporting and tracking of agency requests as well as the electronic submission of timesheets – the bank office is now paperless… since go-live we have seen a significant reduction in agency usage, a reduction in wrongly completed timesheets, and an assurance that WTD breaks are being deducted.”Yvonne HoodAssociate Director of Workforce, South West Essex Community Services
- Enables managers to book, register and view bank and agency shifts
- Manages agency costs and processing
- Sends alerts to SMS for broadcast of available duties
- Employee Online allows individuals to flag their bank availability, see where unfilled bank duties are, and directly book themselves into shifts
- Provides comprehensive audit trails of bank usage
- Manages, checks and verifies agencies to monitor and improve costs
- Bank requests can be made directly from the roster, as well as being posted to the roster
- Financial modelling allows managers to view estimated costs per agency before transferring requests
- Detailed management information related to flexible staffing enables full agency invoice reconciliation
- Fully synchronised with ESR
- Enables bank offices to focus on the hard-to-fill expensive shifts, reducing reliance on agency staff
- Monitors realistic and actual gaps in current service
- Provides one accurate view of complete clinical governance records
- Simple functionality makes it easy for ward managers to transfer vacant shifts to bank requests singly or in batches, resulting in staff resource savings and fewer clerical errors
- Empowers and devolves responsibility to ward managers and matrons. Effective deployment of substantive staff across the Trust to reduce the need for bank or agency staff
- Full management of bank and agency costs
Please fill in this form to get your PDF
Allocate temporary staffing solutions are the most widely used in the NHS. Designed to ensure that appropriately skilled staff are allocated to all available duties on the roster, the solution reduces clinical risk and helps to reduce agency spend by ensuring that bank staff fill vacant duties in the most efficient and effective way.